cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Layer 2 Multicast configuration

NDP
Level 1
Level 1

could someone guide me to enable Layer 2 multicast only on Leaf ports connected to vRail servers. I see that PIM is required when We needed routing and for between different bridge domains. for Layer 2, what all settings I needed to enable and how the configuration in GUI. 

We have 93180YC & 9372 series switches. only three servers in same bridge domain connected to different leaf switches should join a Multicast group for their neighbor discovery for cluster formation ( vRail product)

I am going through this link https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/datacenter/aci/apic/sw/2-x/KB/b_KB_Cisco_APIC_IGMP_Multicast.html 

would like to know if I needed to enable PIM as well or not and steps to enable Layer 2 Multicast in bridge domain

Thank you in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Remi Astruc
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

The default ACI behavior should normally cover your need for L2 Multicast in a BD.

If you still have specific issues you can configure an IGMP Policy in the Tenant to disable IGMP Snooping (Flood in the BD), or Enable a Querier (actively request IGMP messages for snooping), and apply it to the BD attribute "IGMP Snoop Policy".

Remi Astruc

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Remi Astruc
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

The default ACI behavior should normally cover your need for L2 Multicast in a BD.

If you still have specific issues you can configure an IGMP Policy in the Tenant to disable IGMP Snooping (Flood in the BD), or Enable a Querier (actively request IGMP messages for snooping), and apply it to the BD attribute "IGMP Snoop Policy".

Remi Astruc

That was my ask. Thank you for clear information. Hope, I dont need to perform any changes on BD. default behavior should work. I will test this then.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License