cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

NX-OS on vmware can be changed to ACI mode switch ?

KDDI Singapore
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, 

I try to build up ACI lab, 

is nxosv possiable to change to ACI mode? 

I just finish install APIC-EM in my ESXI lab, i am just thinking how can i make switch in my lab.

1 Reply 1

RedNectar
VIP
VIP

Hi KDDI,

It seems to me that you are trying to build a virtualised ACI lab.  I think it would be great to be able to have such a lab, but at the moment the only way to do this is either:

1. Buy the physical appliance (https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/cloud-systems-management/application-centric-infrastructure-simulator/index.html)
  2. Have someone at Cisco authorise and licence the simulator VM - and even if you get that far it is reasonably difficult to get working (hence they don't make it widely available - too hard to aupport)
  3. Buy a virtual pod to run on ESXi (https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/switches/application-centric-infrastructure-virtual-pod/datasheet-c78-741503.html) - although I'm not too sure just how similar the VPOD is to the normal hardware based version - I hope to see it in operation soon.

In any case, APIC-EM actually has absolutely nothing to do with ACI - the marketting people at Cisco decided to take the "APIC" name from ACI and use it with another product - I'm not sure if their intention was to trick people like you AND ME (I aslo was confused when I first heard of "APIC-EM" and thought I had missed something important).

I hope this helps.

Don't forget to mark answers as correct if it solves your problem. This helps others find the correct answer if they search for the same problem

RedNectar aka Chris Welsh.
Forum Tips: 1. Paste images inline - don't attach. 2. Always mark helpful and correct answers, it helps others find what they need.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License