Views
Helpful
Replies

Problems with vsh -c commands into a Python Script

Rafael85
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Network,

i implement a script in order to speed up the interaction with the TAC. I'm able to send normals show commands over a python script (attached) but when they request me a vsh -c output the script always fail.

this is a output example of the error (cmd example vsh -c 'show logging onboard internal reset-reason')

vsh -c "show logging onboard internal reset-reason"

Error: Invalid argument 'vsh -c show logging onboard internal reset-reason '. Please check syntax in command reference guide

Thank you for the help!

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Rafael85
Level 1
Level 1

Sry i know the issue, the vsh commands should be used on the leafs/spines and not in the apics.

close the ticket.

View solution in original post

@Rafael85 ,

The ONLY person who can "close the ticket" - as you say is YOU

The way you do this is to mark the answer that solved your problem as correct by clicking the Accept as Solution option you'll see at the end of each answer given to your question.

image.png

RedNectar aka Chris Welsh.
Forum Tips: 1. Paste images inline - don't attach. 2. Always mark helpful and correct answers, it helps others find what they need.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Hi

The command syntax is:

show logging onboard module slot  internal reset-reason

Rafael85
Level 1
Level 1

Sry i know the issue, the vsh commands should be used on the leafs/spines and not in the apics.

close the ticket.

@Rafael85 wrote:

close the ticket.

For your information, just to avoid further confusion on your side, there are not tickets to close. This is a community forum where you can search for info or solutions to your problems, ask questions, get answers from your peers from the industry or even cisco employees sure. But there are no tickets.

Stay safe,

Sergiu

Yeah sorry, my first time in this forum. Sorry for the miss understanding 

@Rafael85 ,

The ONLY person who can "close the ticket" - as you say is YOU

The way you do this is to mark the answer that solved your problem as correct by clicking the Accept as Solution option you'll see at the end of each answer given to your question.

image.png

RedNectar aka Chris Welsh.
Forum Tips: 1. Paste images inline - don't attach. 2. Always mark helpful and correct answers, it helps others find what they need.

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License