cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

REST API Huge Dataset

ecsnnsls
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to download all v6 routes from the fabric along with the nexthop. I used the following URL to retrieve the v6 routes

api/class/uribv6Route.xml?rsp-subtree=full&query-target-filter=wcard(uribv6Route.dn,"<vrfName") 

and I got this

<error code="400" text="Unable to process the query, result dataset is too big"/>

Then, I tried the below URL but I was able to download only 100,000 entries. When I increase the count beyond 100,000 I get the result dataset is too big error.

api/class/uribv6Route.xml?rsp-subtree=full&query-target-filter=wcard(uribv6Route.dn,"<vrfName>")&page=0&page-size=100000

How do I download the entire dataset?

[UPDATE]

Something that I noticed,

With the below URL, the totalCount was 154674 but the number of entries was limited to 100,000(I counted the tags) in the response

api/class/uribv6Route.xml?rsp-subtree=full&query-target-filter=wcard(uribv6Route.dn,"<vrfName>")&page=0&page-size=100000

Now, with this URL, the totalCount was still 154674 but the number of entries was 54674 in the response

/api/class/uribv6Route.xml?query-target-filter=wcard(uribv6Route.dn,"<vrfName>")&page=0&page=1&page-size=100000

Finally with this URL, the totalCount was still at 154674 but I received no output

/api/class/uribv6Route.xml?query-target-filter=wcard(uribv6Route.dn,"<vrfName>")&page=0&page=1&page=2&page-size=100000

Does this mean when I set "page0" in the URL the script returns the page0 and when I set "page0&page1" it returns page1 and when I set "page0&page1&page2" it returns page2. Can someone confirm my assumption?

2 Replies 2

Sergiu.Daniluk
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi @ecsnnsls 

You can try using "page-size=100000&page=[0-4]" if you wish to retrieve all pages at the same time.

Cheers,

Sergiu

Thank you for responding.

I tried using the parameters that you suggested but I still see only 100,000 entries whereas the totalCount is 154674

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License