Helpful
Replies

show running-config spine <id spine> "did not match"

Agung1007
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings,

just want to ask,

Why I cant execute from controller CLI  command "show running-config spine 201" or "show running-config 201" ?

it replied : "Tokens "Spine 201" did not match" (attached screenshot from the CLI)

*the version of ACI/APIC is using 1.2

1 Reply 1

RedNectar
VIP
VIP

Hi @Agung1007 ,

First the easy one - the second screenshot

image.png

is because you specifically asked for "leaf 201" - when in fact node 201 is a spine, not a leaf.  However, this is useful information. It shows that the system knows about node 201 (so it exists) and that it is a spine (as expected judging by #1)

But the first screenshot

image.png

is a bit more serious.

Now I don't have a precise answer, but here's what I'd be doing to troubleshoot.

• Basically, I'd be trying any possible way to access the spine.  You may need to get access anyway to reboot it or clear the config 
  1. Check to see if you can issue the command ssh spine201 from the APIC. The idea being that it might kick off a token exchange. Or it might give the same reply
  2. From the CLI, issue a config comand, then in config mode, issue hte command spine201 to see if you can actually configure the thing.  If you get this far, you should eb able to do show run from here.
  3. Check the GUI. Fabric > Inventory > Pod1 > Spine201 - again if the GUI can see the Spine, your CLI should be able to.
  4. If the Spine has an OOB Managenent IP address, see if you can ssh to that IP
  5. If the above fail to let you access the spine on a production system, then it's time to ring the TAC.  But if it is a lab, I'd try the following before ringing:
    1. Decommission and re-commision the spine Fabric > Fabric Membership > something I can't remember from v1.2 but you should find some way to do this. (In ACI v5 it is Fabric > Fabric Membership > Fabric Membership >+ Decommission)
    2. Reboot the spine (if you can get access)
    3. Decommission the spine (as above) and then clear the config on the spine and force it to refresh - setup-clean-config.sh from a ssh shell or console connection.  After this, return to Fabric > Fabric Membership and hopefully you will see the spine as an undiscovered node.
    4. Now call the TAC
RedNectar aka Chris Welsh.
Forum Tips: 1. Paste images inline - don't attach. 2. Always mark helpful and correct answers, it helps others find what they need.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License