Views
Helpful
Replies

spine cannot be seen in ACI

interfacedy
Spotlight
Spotlight

Folks

Below is virtual ACI. The spine cannot be seen. and only one leaf is inactive. Is this reason why spine cannot be seen? Thanks

1.PNG

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Just to confirm, this is ACI simulator right?

The only thing which comes to my mind is the initial set up configurations. If you change any of the settings other than the password, IP address and netmask, or the gateway, the installation will succeed, but the APIC will fail to discover the virtual leaf switches and spine switches. Did you used the default settings or used custom ones?

Sergiu

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Sergiu.Daniluk
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Have you tried deleting the leaf and adding it back?

Sergiu

interfacedy
Spotlight
Spotlight

@Sergiu.Daniluk Thank you for your reply. I tried it several times, but it still cannot work. Any other suggestion? 

Just to confirm, this is ACI simulator right?

The only thing which comes to my mind is the initial set up configurations. If you change any of the settings other than the password, IP address and netmask, or the gateway, the installation will succeed, but the APIC will fail to discover the virtual leaf switches and spine switches. Did you used the default settings or used custom ones?

Sergiu

RedNectar
VIP
VIP

Hi @interfacedy ,

I know the install guide says 64G RAM and 16 CPUs - but if you have more available,  I'd suggest trying say 96G RAM

Also, add some patience - and hour or more. But you've probably already tried that.

I have seen this in the simulator before, and at times I've given up and restarted it - which means putting all those initial configurations back in.

RedNectar aka Chris Welsh.
Forum Tips: 1. Paste images inline - don't attach. 2. Always mark helpful and correct answers, it helps others find what they need.

interfacedy
Spotlight
Spotlight

Its simulator. It just has 32G ram, but its slow. Thank you all for your reply

Hi @interfacedy ,

The latest versions all work better 64G RAM - I think you'll waste a lot of time and get very frustrated if you try and run with 32G RAM even if the requirements document says 32G is sufficient for a small topology.

If you don't have any way to increase the RAM, I'd suggest going back to a v4.x simulator unless you NEED to practice v5/v6 specific features.  Creating Access Policy Chains, Tenants, VRFs, Bridge Domains, Application Profiles, EPGs and Contracts is all done the same way in v4 as it is in later versions (although in v6 there are some changes in the way the Access Policies are created)

I hope this helps.

RedNectar aka Chris Welsh.
Forum Tips: 1. Paste images inline - don't attach. 2. Always mark helpful and correct answers, it helps others find what they need.

interfacedy
Spotlight
Spotlight

@RedNectar Its a good suggestion. In my ESXi, though i used 32G RAM, it only can use 20 G, and still have 10G free. So not sure if this is reason for the slowness. and also using one vCPU among 4

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License