Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to delete subnet from BD

Dan Peronto
Level 1
Level 1

Hey Guys,

I will be migrating my gateways from my legacy 6500's to the ACI fabric soon.  For testing purposes I created a dummy vlan/epg/BD in the fabric and on the 6500's.  Put a few hosts in each environment and verified connectivity.

I shut the SVI on the 6500 and added the subnet to my test BD.  Lost about 10 pings.  Not bad, but wanted to try it again but this time set the Custom MAC address in the BD.

Problem is, I can't move my test GW back to the 6500 because I cant delete the darn subnet from the BD. Throws the following error:

"Failed to delete object.
child (Rn) of class fvSubnet is already attached. dn[(Dn0)] Dn0=uni/tn-qgcorp/BD-Vlan-123/subnet-[10.120.123.1/24], Rn=subnet-[10.120.123.1/24],"

Is this one of those things that can only be deleted by API?

2 Replies 2

dpita
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello

Thanks for using SupportForums

The BD Subnet should be allowed to be deleted from the GUI, I'm not sure why yours is throwing that error. have you tried a new browser or a browser in private/incognito mode?

i suggest you try to download the BD with the arrow next to the refresh symbol in the GUI. the "save as" dialog box will appear and please select "only configuration, subtree, xml" and paste the contents of the file here. i am wondering if you have tied this BD subnet to a L3 out or something else preventing it to be deleted

Good point, didnt consider a potential browser issue.

I was able to delete the subnet via postman but got similar weird errors when trying to re-add the subnet to the BD.  I ended up deleting the EPG and BD and starting over.  Works just fine now - no issues.

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License