Helpful
Replies

unexpected Pods learning in EPG

Max L
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

I have some issue with k8s integration.

When my deployment are created some pods in EPG have MAC/IP but 'Interface' column is empty. In this case i cann't access to them. Like screen below.

Could you please explain this case.

integration aci with k8s was completed with default config.

ACI ver 5.1(1h) kuber 1.18

2 Replies 2

Robert Burns
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Something is likely misconfigured from the K8 networking perspective because ACI hasn't "seen" any traffic on the wire from that endpoint yet.  You can tell this by the "Learning Source" showing only 'VMM' - which means K8's inventory has been pulled by APIC.  What you're missing is 'learned' (Learning source should = VMM & Learned) which means the Leaf has actually received traffic from this endpoint.

Capture.PNG

Robert

Thanks, Robert. I understand if LEAF didn't learn something about this POD status will be only VMM.

Can it be the OVS issues?

Because i deploy 2 pods: prometeus-kafka and prometeus-server. Pods can access to each other. They are located on the one WokerNode(BM server). But from host node i can ping only Pod "kafka" and cann't ping other Pod "server".

In tcpdump there is nothing event at all.

I try to investigate Iptables from Node, but nothing interesting. Maybe OVS has its own filter rules, but i don't know how to explore it.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License