Views
Helpful
Replies

why APIC Fabirc interface is not UP

rubberheart
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, Team

Need your help , our LAB APICs were connected to leaf switch by using 10G fiber connections and APICs were discovering fine.

but since we have 1G copper SFP , we are try to replace fiber with the copper. but after swap , nothing is working. I tried to erase the APIC and switch configuration to factory default, still not working. in leaf side , it shows that port is up , but out-of-service.

then I put back them to the fiber , now the fiber one is not working as well . the E2/1 e2/1 . none of them is UP 

could you give me a hand on this , thanks a lot !!!

regards

Daniel

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

dpita
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello

If i understand correctly, you replaced the APIC to Leaf connection with the 1G copper SFP?

If so, i see why it is not working, the APIC you bought with the SFP+ leafs is using a VIC 1225 (can be confirmed in the CIMC) the VIC 1225 is made to use SFP+ fiber transceivers, won't work with copper 1g. 

To connect the APICs using copper the appropriate card is VIC 1225T but this must also be 10G so the 1g copper SFP will not work. 

The APIC requires 10G connection to the fabric leaf switches. 

If it is not working after you replaced the fiber and did a eraseconfig setup on the APIC as well as a setup-clean-config.sh on the switches, please open a TAC case and we will gladly get the fabric up and running again! Please make sure you register and discover the fabric again after erasing the configuration. 

Feel free to email me and we can work on resolving it. Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

dpita
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello

If i understand correctly, you replaced the APIC to Leaf connection with the 1G copper SFP?

If so, i see why it is not working, the APIC you bought with the SFP+ leafs is using a VIC 1225 (can be confirmed in the CIMC) the VIC 1225 is made to use SFP+ fiber transceivers, won't work with copper 1g. 

To connect the APICs using copper the appropriate card is VIC 1225T but this must also be 10G so the 1g copper SFP will not work. 

The APIC requires 10G connection to the fabric leaf switches. 

If it is not working after you replaced the fiber and did a eraseconfig setup on the APIC as well as a setup-clean-config.sh on the switches, please open a TAC case and we will gladly get the fabric up and running again! Please make sure you register and discover the fabric again after erasing the configuration. 

Feel free to email me and we can work on resolving it. Hope this helps!

awesome ! thanks D pita , for your lighting reply.

I will try it tomorrow

regards

Daniel

Keep me posted!

have a nice day

Thanks , Dpita

with your help , we erase all the configurations and bring the fabic up again.

Good to hear, happy to help!

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License