Fabric nodes in moderate-to-high memory usage without user traffic?
While configuring a new ACI fabric, I've taken notice that all nodes (leaves, spines and APICs) seem to operate with a rather high memory usage, consistently exceeding 50% over a week of monitoring (detailed amount below). The fabric has yet been integrated into the ongoing system, thus there aren't any user traffic or spikes. Should this be expected at all?
Thanks in advance.
The fabric consists of:
1. 3x APIC-SERVER-M3 on 4.2(2f) code - continuously > 68% since I've started monitoring
2. 2x N9K-C93180YC-EX Leaves - > 57%
3. 4x N9K-C9348GC-FXP Leaves - > 59%
4. 2x N9K-C9332C Fixed Spines - > 78%.
All leaves and spines are running on NX-OS 14.2(2f)
What I've been configuring:
1. Network Centric deployment, but with gateway migrated onto ACI and traffic PBR'ed to an external firewall cluster
2. Barely over 1000 static ports - On demand deployment immediacy
3. About 150 EPG contracts (1 subject for each, matching IP traffic). All subjects are associated with a PBR SG.
4. One L3Out, with only one L3Out EPGs but a few Logical Node Profiles, SVI Logical Interface Profiles.
Switch memory utilization of 70-75% is normal, even for leaf and spine switches in a new deployment where no configuration has been pushed. Switch memory utilization in ACI mode should not be compared to utilization in standalone NX-OS mode due to the additional ACI-specific processes, which consume additional memory.
You should be concerned only if memory utilization exceeds 90%. Open a TAC case for proactive troubleshooting if memory utilization exceeds 85%.
Good afternoon Friends, these days I was accessing the DNAC manager and my surprise is that I did not have access, after a basic analysis I observed that the equipment was operational, but without being able to access it via DNA GUI (browser) I also ident...
Today we are going to talk about how to configure backups in the Cisco ACI APIC Dashboard. As you might know APIC is a UCS based CIMC controller and we can check the configuration backups on the Cisco ACI APIC Dashboard. Remember that the HA solution mus...
Listen: https://smarturl.it/CCRS9E14 Follow us: https://twitter.com/CiscoChampion
Organizations are undergoing digital transformation like never before. Global spending on digital transformation of business practices, products, and organization...