cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Multiple uplinks from ACI leaf switch to same ACI spine switch?

cb12345678
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

Please can someone tell me whether it is possible for there to be multiple uplinks (40Gbps) from the same ACI leaf switch to the same ACI spine switch?

So, if I have 2 x 9504, and 4 x 93180s, for example, would it be possible to have 2 x 40Gbps from each leaf switch to each spine switch? (each leaf has a total of 4 x 40Gbps uplinks)

If possible could someone point me at relevant docs? I have had a dig, but can't find anything specific.

thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Robert Correiro
Level 1
Level 1

Hi cb12345678,

Yes, it is possible to have multiple uplinks from a Leaf switch to the same Spine switch. As long as you have enough ports for a symmetrical topology (ex. each Leaf has two uplinks to each spine), there should not be an issue.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Robert Correiro
Level 1
Level 1

Hi cb12345678,

Yes, it is possible to have multiple uplinks from a Leaf switch to the same Spine switch. As long as you have enough ports for a symmetrical topology (ex. each Leaf has two uplinks to each spine), there should not be an issue.

thanks very much

What about if I have a fabric consisting of two spines and 4 leafs, and out of the 4 leafs 2 of them host an environment that generates a lot of east-west traffic. Is it possible to add a second link between those two leafs only to both spines and leave the other two with a single connection to each spine?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License