cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SNMP related questions

m1xed0s
Spotlight
Spotlight

1. According to bug#CSCvs40360 and CSCvt34925 and release note, v4.2(6d) should support AES-256 for SNMPv3 encryption. But when I try to add SNMP User profile (screenshot), I still only have AES-128 or DES or None... OR maybe I need to specifically enabling it somewhere? UPDATE: According to Cisco, Developer did not actually add AES-256 but instead only added SHA2 support for the bug fixes in v4.2(6d) or v5.1...In case you wonder about this...

MicrosoftTeams-image.png

2. There is an option if I right-click on the VRF, called "SNMP Context". Also under the VRF Policy page, there is the option to select Monitoring policy. What are the difference between VRF "SNMP Context" and Monitoring policy?

3. If I created a SNMP monitoring policy and associated it to the Tenant level via "Tenants->MyTenant->Policy->Monitoring Policy", does it mean this monitoring policy would be applied to Tenant and everything within the Tenant, such as AP, EPG and VRF (assuming no monitoring policy is associated to any of the child objects within Tenant)?

Thanks,

/S

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

m1xed0s
Spotlight
Spotlight

1. According to Cisco, Developer did not actually add AES-256 but instead only added SHA2 support for the bug fixes in v4.2(6d) or v5.1...AES-256 support will be in future release.

2. VRF "SNMP Context" is pretty much for SNMP Probes against the VRF and the Monitoring policy is for SNMP Traps.

3. Yes, the monitoring policy applied to Tenant would be applied to child objects within Tenant, unless override with different monitoring policy at the child level.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

m1xed0s
Spotlight
Spotlight

1. According to Cisco, Developer did not actually add AES-256 but instead only added SHA2 support for the bug fixes in v4.2(6d) or v5.1...AES-256 support will be in future release.

2. VRF "SNMP Context" is pretty much for SNMP Probes against the VRF and the Monitoring policy is for SNMP Traps.

3. Yes, the monitoring policy applied to Tenant would be applied to child objects within Tenant, unless override with different monitoring policy at the child level.

m1xed0s
Spotlight
Spotlight

I had to mark my own reply as solution as no one chimed in...

Save 25% on Day-2 Operations Add-On License