Views
Helpful
Replies

ACE SNMP source interface for context.

omarmontes
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys.. one question:

I know that SNMP packets from the AC are sourced from the interface that is usead to reach the SNMP Server (an ANM for example). The thing I'm not sure about is, when having multiple contexts, do SNMP packets get out for every context? or just from the Admin context?

I'm asking this because if there is SNMP traffic to and from every context, then I need to use public IP address in every context.

Any help?

thanks!

3 Replies 3

amacuz
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Omar,

I'm not aware of such feature on the ACE, however you can do SNMP queries related to other contexts (for specific information) via the Admin one, at least in A4(1.0) and above.

Please see:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/app_ntwk_services/data_center_app_services/ace_appliances/vA4_1_0/configuration/administration/guide/snmp.html#wp1095618

Alessandro

--

If  this helps you and/or answers your question please mark the question as  "answered" and/or rate it, so other users can easily find it.

Oh I see.

Do you know if the ANM does this? Getting all the info directly from the Admin context?

Hi Omar,

yes it does.

Alessandro

--

If  this helps you and/or answers your question please mark  the question as  "answered" and/or rate it, so other users can easily  find it.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: