Views
Helpful
Replies

ACE: Writing probe scripts

s.srivas
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Instead of using a ready made probe script, i'm trying to modify one and upload to ace.

If i save a notepad file as .tar will it work?

I'm planning to open a standard probe script with notepad , modify and save.

Additionally

I'm trying to modify the read string and received reply string as specified by the server.

Is their a good gide (start to finish) to write probe scripts?

SS

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

drolemc
Level 6
Level 6

If a script file is subsequently modified, you can update the script in memory by reloading it.

Sample scripts for the ACE are available to support the TCL feature. All of these scripts are provided in a zipped file which contains a .tar file. After you copy the zip file to the ACE, you need to unzip it and then untar it. When you untar the file, the ACE automatically creates an ace_scripts directory and places all of the individual scripts in it.

Here is the link for Reloading Modified Scripts in ACE Memory.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/app_ntwk_services/data_center_app_services/ace_appliances/vA1_7_/configuration/slb/guide/script.html#wp1099441

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

drolemc
Level 6
Level 6

If a script file is subsequently modified, you can update the script in memory by reloading it.

Sample scripts for the ACE are available to support the TCL feature. All of these scripts are provided in a zipped file which contains a .tar file. After you copy the zip file to the ACE, you need to unzip it and then untar it. When you untar the file, the ACE automatically creates an ace_scripts directory and places all of the individual scripts in it.

Here is the link for Reloading Modified Scripts in ACE Memory.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/app_ntwk_services/data_center_app_services/ace_appliances/vA1_7_/configuration/slb/guide/script.html#wp1099441

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card