Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Filesystem

ewf_cirda
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Everyone!

I've got a Cisco 200 Micro Webserver (mweb200) with a damaged scsi harddrive.

I've ordered a new one now , but i dont know how to format it when i will put it in the micro webserver. The documentation clearly says "The Micro Webserver 200 cannot format new SCSI hard drives. However, it can read the hard drive directly from a Windows 95 or Windows NT system." I think it uses the same filesystems as the Cisco Content Router 4400. Does anyone know how to format these disks ? Also , what do cisco mean with "However, it can read the hard drive directly from a Windows 95 or Windows NT system." ?

4 Replies 4

inch
Level 3
Level 3

Howdy,

Going by what it says... it sounds like it would be a FAT filesystem if it could be read by windows 95... :)

Yeah , but this filesystem is called uvfat , and i dont know where to get it...

mark.duffy
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Not sure if you have the answer but this may help?

http://linux.voyager.hr/umsdos/

The format of the disk is a linux version of FAT which knowing Cisco and its love for Linux in most of the CE type devices. Have a look and see if partition magic supports it as a format?

Hope that helps,

Mark

I've checked the list of PartitionMagic and it doesnt support uvfat , only FAT,FAT32(vfat),NTFS,EXT2, and EXT3. Also , i dont know if i should create a regular partition table on the disk , or create the filesystem directly on the disk, could anyone put me in the right direction ? I think the answer would be on the Cisco Content Router 4400 , because it uses uvfat.