Views
Helpful
Replies

Content switch 11501/11503 abnormal interface link down

eCaremeJosh
Level 1
Level 1

Dears

I have 2 pair of 11501 switches and 1 pair of 11503 switches on 3 sites(LA, China, Taiwan).

Each site has a pair of 1105x switch running as redundancy between them and is a standalone which will not interact with others.

Recently a series of interfaces(ports) down happened to every active 1150x switches without any reason and log.

Especially today, it happened to active switches at 5:39 AM meanwhile on 3 sites.

I attach a log file and a screen shot from my monitor system.

Please advice.

Thanks

11503.jpg

3 Replies 3

Kanwaljeet Singh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Are these devices connection to a common switch module may be and that module reloaded or crashed or its ports went down for some reason? Can you check that out? Ports going down on different devices in a pair is highly unlikely at the same time unless there is something common between  them.

The logs you have provided are not sufficient and i would suggest taking a show tech from afftected devices and trap.log, sys.log outputs and open a case with TAC for further investigation.

Regards,

Kanwal

Dear Singh

Thanks for your reply.I've checked other switch modules for possible observations but nothing found. There is no any lin-down information or alerts in Content switch 1150x or other switches.connected to 1150x. I know it would not likely happen at the same time but it really happened. All related log including syslog and traplog was attached . The product line of 11500 is the end of life. Is it possible to open a case with TAC? Thanks

Hi,

If the device is under support yes you should be able to open the case. Plus the logs you have sent don't tell what might have happened. We ought to have more details to find out what went wrong.

Regards,

Kanwal

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card