Views
Helpful
Replies

CSCud62073 - L6 loadbalancing???

ROMAN TOMASEK
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

the customer uses sticky based on cookie in the ACE4710 configuration. I have two questions about this bug. The description of this bug is following:

When ACE performs a Layer 6 load balancing, the client receiving the HTTP 502 replies to POST requests. Workaround: Configure the ACE for Layer 4 load balancing.

1/ What does it mean L6 load-balancing? (is same as L7 loadbalancing?)

2/ Match the sticky cookie configuration this bug?? Is neccessary to change sticky method from cookie to L3/L4 method?

Thanks

Roman

3 Replies 3

rajsures
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Roman,

The bug description explained by you is different than what i see in the bug.

1. The bug description  for CSCud62073 does not say L6 loadbalancing anywhere. Please let me know which link you are using to see the bug description.

2. Yes you need to change the sticky method from cookie to L3/L4 method as the workaround says to "configure the ACE for layer 4 loadbalancing."

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Rajesh.

Hi Rajesh,

here is the link for the bug description:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/app_ntwk_services/data_center_app_services/ace_appliances/vA5_2_x/release/note/ACE_app_rn_A52x.html

It's  horrible to change sticky method, because clients are hidden behind the proxy - so a lot of clients use the same source IP address. Which sticky method is possible to use in this situation?

Thanks

Roman

Hi Roman,

The actual bug description:

Symptom:

Client getting HTTP 501 replies to POST requests when going through ACE

Conditions:

ACE doing layer 7 load-balancing

Workaround:

Configured the ACE for layer 4 load-balancing

If you find this is critical for your setup, I would kindly request you to open a TAC case for more support on this or get in touch with your local account team.

Thanks,

Rajesh.