cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSS 11503 and non IE 7/8 Browser

davidezion
Level 1
Level 1

Anyone found issues with hosting websites behind a CSS 11503 and any browser that isn't IE 7/8?

We are finding that any other browser including now IE 9 doesn't seem to carry the session through like it did on IE 7/8. We have a pretty basic config as shown here:

service web1new.website
protocol tcp
ip address 192.168.27.28
keepalive type tcp
active

service web2new.website
protocol tcp
ip address 192.168.27.29
keepalive type tcp
active

content https.website.test
port 443
vip address 192.168.28.70
add service web1new.website
add service web2new.website
application ssl
advanced-balance ssl
protocol tcp
active

group website
vip address 192.168.28.70
add service web1new.website
add service web2new.website
active

The sites themselves run fine in IE 7/8. and are running on IIS 6

We have a "dummy" site that doesn't go throguh the load balancer (same hardware/software/config) that works fine on all broswer types...

I don't have alot of exprince with the CSS so i'm open to any sugestions. I know the cause of our issues is with in the CSS as we have a duplicate site that doesn't go through the CSS and works against all versions of all browsers.

Thanks for any directions you can point me in!

Dave

1 Reply 1

Daniel Arrondo Ostiz
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Dave,

To troubleshoot these kind of issues, you will need to get simultaneous traffic captures on both sides of the CSS and, with them, check what is failing on the connection itself. Comparing a working and a failing connection is always a good starting point.

According to your configuration, you are just doing plain L4 load-balancing of SSL traffic, so, you will have to focus just on the TCP and SSL parts of it.

Although not really related to the browser version itself but rather to the operating system, it would be worth checking if by any chance the difference between the working and failing connections is the use of TCP window scaling. There are a few different bugs which could cause issues when window scaling is in use.

If you need help to check these captures, I would recommend you to open a TAC case.

Regards

Daniel