Views
Helpful
Replies

CSS Licensing

FernandoSP
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I want to configure an Active/Active configuration between two different CPD's with Cisco CSS11503. I have readen, that for make this configuration, I need the S11K-500EN-8.2= license, but I don't know how to check if my devices are licensed this way. I've tried "sh version" command, but results are not what I was awaitng for (not like a Cisco ASA f.ex.)

Please, could you say me how can I check my CSS's active license?

Thanks and regards.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I'm sorry Fernando, I didn't have a CSS in front of me when I mentioned 'sh chassis'. 'Show version' will display the licenses currently associated with the device:

CSS# show version
Version:               sg0810205 (08.10.2.05)
Flash (Locked):        08.10.1.06
Flash (Operational):   08.10.2.05
Type:                  PRIMARY
Licensed Cmd Set(s):   Standard Feature Set
                       Secure Management

S11K-500EN-8.2 == Enhanced Feature Set. If you do a 'sh ver' and see the Enhanced Feature Set as one of the licensed command sets, you should be good.

James

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

busterswt
Level 1
Level 1

The results from 'show chassis' should display what you need to know.

- James

Hi James,

I executed sh chassis command, but I think I don't get the info I wished.

I get S/N, product name (CSS11503-AC L0) and sw version (08.20.0.01), but I think it's not the info I need.

Any other idea? I'm absolutelly lost about CSS licensing.

Thanks.

I'm sorry Fernando, I didn't have a CSS in front of me when I mentioned 'sh chassis'. 'Show version' will display the licenses currently associated with the device:

CSS# show version
Version:               sg0810205 (08.10.2.05)
Flash (Locked):        08.10.1.06
Flash (Operational):   08.10.2.05
Type:                  PRIMARY
Licensed Cmd Set(s):   Standard Feature Set
                       Secure Management

S11K-500EN-8.2 == Enhanced Feature Set. If you do a 'sh ver' and see the Enhanced Feature Set as one of the licensed command sets, you should be good.

James

Hi James,

Thanks a lot.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: