Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Default Gateway in multiple-bridge deploy with ACE30

Hi guys.

I have to migrate from CSM to ACE.

I see in CSM that every vlan pair has a gateway command in the client vlan.

As I know, in ACE we have the routing in the "global" config of the context, so only one default gateway can be used (for management I understand).

So how can I configure a "default gateway" for each BVI interface?

Thanks!

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Kanwaljeet Singh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi David,

You can configure "mac-sticky" so that traffic is given back to the MAC from where it was received.

Regards,

Kanwal

View solution in original post

HI David,

You do it on client side vlan. If you enable mac-sticky ACE will send the traffic back to device from where it received the traffic(used mostly in active-active FW SCENAIRO). You don't need it on server side since ACE will refer to connection table or sticky etc to send the traffic to same server. It doesn't make any difference to server if MAC-sticky is enabled on ACE.

Regards,

Kanwal

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Kanwaljeet Singh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi David,

You can configure "mac-sticky" so that traffic is given back to the MAC from where it was received.

Regards,

Kanwal

Hi Kanwal.

In what Vlan? I mean, client or server vlan? Or both if we have server-initiated connection?

Thanks!

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Hi Kanwal.

Could you specify where exactly I have to apply the MAC-STUCKY? In client VLAN? Server VLAN? Both?

Thanks!

HI David,

You do it on client side vlan. If you enable mac-sticky ACE will send the traffic back to device from where it received the traffic(used mostly in active-active FW SCENAIRO). You don't need it on server side since ACE will refer to connection table or sticky etc to send the traffic to same server. It doesn't make any difference to server if MAC-sticky is enabled on ACE.

Regards,

Kanwal

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card