cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Error upgrading code - cannot delete adi file

bbrowncisco
Level 1
Level 1

While attempting a manual upgrade of the code on my css 11500 I (apparently successfully) copied a compressed adi file from an ftp server to the boot-image using the following command: copy ftp DEFAULT_FTP <filename> boot-image. The copy finishes successfully, but then when I try to unpack the file I get an error indicating that no file exists. Issuing a show installed-software command returns the original version, but not the new one.

So, I tried the automatic method instead. I issued the upgrade command and was prompted to remove the new adi file. However, when I responded 'y' I was met with this error:

Cannot delete enough installed versions to allow the upgrade.

You must delete one or more installed versions in order to

continue with this upgrade.

I have tried removing the file through the boot-config sub-configuration mode, to no avail. I have tried without the .adi extension, and with it and also with the .gz extension which was the original extension on the ftp server.

Google produces nothing.

Cisco's website produces nothing.

Has anyone here run into this problem? If so, please tell me, How do I remove this file?

Thanks,

Bill

2 Replies 2

Gilles Dufour
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You may have 2 disks with the current version active in disk1 and the new version in disk2 [which is creating similar problem has you have].

You can use the commands 'show map' and 'map primary-boot' to select which disk to use.

If you want to delete the file manually, you can use the command in llama mode 'ap_file delete c:/...'.

If that does not help, you will have to reboot and enter the offlined diagnostic mode to clean your disk.

Gilles.

Negatory! Only 1 disk. I will attempt to clean and re-install. Thank you for responding. =)

-- Bill

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: