Views
Helpful
Replies

FWSM Failover configuration

robertsoto
Level 1
Level 1

Dear,

I have  two FWSM  and we want to install  the failover in the two FWSM, My FWSM has 20 interfaces are monitoring but We want only  put 9 nine interfaces VLAN with standby IP address  the Other NO, I check the configuration the guideconfiguration and see  for all interfaces VLAN has a Standby IP , Can I install my FWSM  olny for nine interfaces with standby IP or  must configuration all interfaces with standby IP.?

I will apreciate your answer.

Thanks,

Robert Soto

1 Reply 1

amacuz
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Robert,

better would be this message to be posted in the Security section https://supportforums.cisco.com/community/netpro/security/firewall.

As to your question you can have the FWSM with some interfaces configured with the standby IP address and some other without. However in the process of detecting if the mate is really down only the interfaces with the standby IP address will be used.

Moreover I expect the interfaces with no standby IP address not to swap the MAC addresses after the failover.

HTH

Alessandro

--

If  this helps you and/or answers your question please mark the question as  "answered" and/or rate it, so other users can easily find it.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: