Views
Helpful
Replies

HTTPS Probe using client cert

gerardgillan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Our ACE configuration includes some services where the ACE is providing SSL offloading and also some other service where the ACE is loadbalancing of client SSL traffic going to back end Apache servers that terminate the SSL.

I am trying to create a HTTPS health probe, to check that various back end HTTPS sites are returning a WSDL file, using the Client Certificates that the Apache admins have provided.

I found an old thread (thread/2026940) from 2010 where someone was wanting to do the same type of thing but at the time it seems that the ACE didn't support this.

"the certificate can not be used for client certificate authentication for a HTTPS probe"

Does anyone know if this is still the case and/or have any recommendations on how to achieve this goal?

Regards,

Gerard

1 Reply 1

Daniel Arrondo Ostiz
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Gerard,

I'm afraid the situation hasn't changed. You still cannot use a client certificate in a SSL probe

Regards

Daniel

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: