Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Migration for ACE20 to ACE30

Hi guys.

I would like to know if I can migrate the config from ACE20 to ACE30 (last software) without any issue.

I don't have any ACE30 to test

Thanks a lot!

3 Replies 3

Jorge Bejarano
Level 4
Level 4

Hi David,

You may take a look of this document, specially where it says: "

Migrating a Single ACE10 or ACE20 Module to an ACE30 Module"

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/interfaces_modules/services_modules/ace/vA4_1_0/installation/note/ace30inote.html#wp106943

ACE 30 has a different hardware architecture.

There are some features which the ACE30 supports which the ACE 10/20s cannot but besides that the configuration and logic are very similar.

Hope this helps!

Jorge

I agree with Jorge's post, it is pretty straightforward.

One piece I would like to point out though, is a minimally mentioned note about timeout changes:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/interfaces_modules/services_modules/ace/vA5_1_x/release/note/ACE_mod_rn_A51x.html#wp629865

Note that now TCP-80 and TCP-443 have default timeouts of 300 seconds.  I am sure this is fine in most cases, but that's the kind of thing that would definitely be a pain to track down if you started having random reports of application issues sometime after your migration. If for any reason this worries you, it can be "reverted" to ACE20 values by utilizing parameter maps.  For most normal web servers though, this shouldn't be much of a concern.

Good luck,

Matt

Jorge Bejarano
Level 4
Level 4

David,

Please take a look of documentation which provided you and let us know if you have any other concern or something else which we can help you with.

Additionally, these migration processes are usually handled by your Cisco Account Manager/ SE engineer or Cisco Partner, then they can do study about the requirements of your network, your designs, your needs, etc and they can provide a better approach about how the migration should go.

Regards,

Jorge

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card