cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

nat and CE

xuan.z
Level 1
Level 1

I have a ce inside the pix,i kown that If the Content Engine has a copy of the requested object in storage, the Content Engine sends the user the object. Otherwise, the Content Engine simultaneously obtains the requested objects from the web server, stores a copy of the objects (caches them), and forwards the objects on to the user.

The problem is that CE obtains the objects by its own ip address and i have no need to NAT on PIX,or CE obtains the objects by the normal procedure(use client source ip address),I have to NAT on PIX?

another question is how can I view the cache content in CE,use which command?

Regards,

yuntao

2 Replies 2

jfoerster
Level 4
Level 4

HI Yuntao,

first of all the CE normaly uses its own IP-address to request content from a server (normal behaviour of a cache). in regards of your second question, there is now way to view the cached objects only thing you can see are the requested urls if you enable the transaction log. These urls can be found in logs/working.log

Kind Regards,

joerg

Hi,Kind,

Thanks for your answer,so i have not to NAT on PIX,right?

Regards,

yuntao

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: