cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

need help with layer 5 load balancing on a css11150

MarkElliott
Level 1
Level 1

I appear to be having issues with an initial call to a rule that has a long delay, this causes additional request from the css to the entire server farm. I am looking for the layer 5 load balancing spec so i can see what the timeout values are. if the initial call is short, it sticks to a single server with a single session. i am using advanced balance arrowpoint cookie and have to have the sticky sessions.

4 Replies 4

stevehall
Level 1
Level 1

Mark,

Can you paste in your current rule, as well as any other rules with the same VIP address?

When you say it has a long delay, you mean the client pauses before sending the initial GET?

You might want to lengthen the time-out of flows for port 80 with the "flow port" command so the CSS will not time them out:

CSS(config)# flow port1 80 timeout 300

That option is not available in all version of CSS code. If it is not available, we can look at other options.

-Steve

Thanks for the help Steve, when i refer to the long delay, i am talking about an initial http://get that passes login variables with a db lookup function that takes anywhere from 15-45 seconds to process. This seems to cause the css to perform an initial load balance by re-sending the request to all 3 servers in the farm.

content secure-81-pd26

advanced-balance arrowpoint-cookie

protocol tcp

port 81

url "/*"

vip address 10.10.8.219

add service s-01

add service s-02

add service s-03

active

Mark,

If the request takes 15 to 45 seconds to send, you will need the "flow port" command I referenced.

Can you send in the version of software you are running? There may be other options based on that...

-Steve

i tried the flow port command for ports 80,81, and 443. the symptoms still remain. we are using a sonicwall ssl device and the crazy thing is that it works fine if we bypass ssl. we are running version 6.10 Build 203 on the css.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card