cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Port Translation (Standard 80 - Non 4468 )

Edridgee13
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys

I would like some advise/ideas on the best solution for the below.

I have a application server which uses non standard HTTP/HTTPS ports.

What I want is a solution to translate these ports to standard ports.

Client 1 accesses the site on port 80 – from a gateway or something similar – the gateway accesses the application server on port 4466 etc and presents the site to the client on port 80.

I have various application servers which use non standard ports and want to create a central solution so that all three of my clients will not have to make any changes to the firewall/ proxy servers as to them they will be accessing the site on a standard port 80.

Any advise much appreciated.

Many thanks

Ed

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ed,

OK, if that's the case then it will be better if you contact your Cisco Se/Sales or Partner to provide me a better feedback based on your needs, network and requirements. A deep analysis should be required before suggesting anything.

Jorge

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jorge Bejarano
Level 4
Level 4

Ed,

What load balancer do you have?

If you have an ACE then you can do something like this:

serverfarm host ssl

rserver server1 4468

inservice

rserver server2 4468

inservice

Can you paste your config to see how you got it configured?

Jorge

Hi Jorge

Thanks for the prompt response

I havent purchase the kit yet as i wanted to make sure what i want to do is feasible

and also which is the best solution for me.

I belive  Port Redirection (Forwarding) is the best solution for my ports issue.

In terms of load balenceing which i will need for this would you reccomned a Cisco ASA.

Do you think this will meet my required needs

Many thanks

Ryan

Ed,

OK, if that's the case then it will be better if you contact your Cisco Se/Sales or Partner to provide me a better feedback based on your needs, network and requirements. A deep analysis should be required before suggesting anything.

Jorge