Views
Helpful
Replies

Slow Internet Response on DS3

tgaston
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I wanted to know if anyone has experienced any issues with slow internet response after installing a Content/Cache Engine 509? I recently installed on on an Internet Router with a DS3. Internet response slowed down significantly. Whereas pages would time out and users complained.

The "slowstart" feature is enabled as well. I did however come accross a FAQ stating that there should be DNS pointer records for the Cache/Content Engine. Any advice/experience?

4 Replies 4

myounger
Level 1
Level 1

I think you mean CE590? We have 2 CE590's with a DS3 and have encountered the same slow response problem. Cisco is investigating. We are running 3.1.1.

Hmmm....that's interesting. We run 8 x CE590 (4 each in two locations, each site doing 60+ mbps, each site backing the other up) and we don't see that problem. What routers/switches are you connected to? If you are talking to a Cat 6K make sure that you have the Sup II cards -- big difference in performance. Also if you are talking to a Cat6K try out l2-redirect to avoid the GRE tunnels. We are running V2.5.1 (V3 didn't support Websense). Do you run with load bypass turned on? If so are your CEs rejecting traffic for some reason? ./CK

chris.fortner
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

This problem has been reported to Cisco TAC and a bug report has been issued. The case number is C052519. The bug tracking number has yet to be released but as soon as it is I will post it. The recommendation is to downgrade from 3.1 to 2.5 and the problem should go away. However you will lose some features with this downgrade in software.

chris.fortner
Level 1
Level 1

The bug number is CSCdv87295.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: