cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WAAS Printing...

p.stavrinou
Level 1
Level 1

I've set up WAAS printing services for a client. I'm facing the following problem though...

When the clients are logged-in locally, printing services are working fine at the branch offices. But once they are logged-in on the domain, i get a msg saying that a policy is preventing them to print on this printer.

Correct me if i'm wrong but, this has to do with the WAEs Print servers not being added to the Active Directory. I haven't found in any documentation how exactly to do that. Do u just add the WAEs with their NETBIOS names as machines in the AD? Also, the hostnames differ from the NETBIOS naming convention that the client wants to use in his domain. Cisco says that Netbios and Hostnames should match when the devices are to be added in the AD. Will it cause any problems if i just rename the WAE hostnames to match the Netbios names desired?

Thanks

Panos.

30 Replies 30

kevin.blanch
Level 1
Level 1

Panos,

I understand that you are using WAAS Printing services...

I was wondering if you have encountered any problems or issues now that you have everything configured.

I am looking at implementing WAAS Printing too but want to know how reliable it is.

Do you happen to know how many printers it can service? I understand it only has 1 GB Spool limitation and wondered what would happen if many people began sending print jobs larger than that to it...would it crash?

Thanks,

Kevin

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card