Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WAAS version 4.3.1

Hi,

WAAS software version 4.3.1 has been out for a while now: Nov 18th 2010 and I was wondering if I should upgrade to this release. I'm currently at version 4.2.3c.

I don't want vWAAS (virtual appliance) or WAAS express (in IOS router) but I was wondering if there are any other useful features and wanted feedback from people using 4.3.1

I read the release notes and what seemed interesting are:

New Summary and Connection Trend reports simplify WAAS network monitoring.
A new Throughput report displays inbound and outbound device throughput statistics.
SNMP—Support for the IF-MIB is added.

show run (added interface, policy and other keywords to minimize the output)

But there are multiple open caveats; so is it worth upgrading to 4.3.1 or stick to 4.2.3c for now until 4.3.1a and 4.3.1b are out!?

Any feedback is appreciated, certainly from people testing/deploying/using version 4.3.1!

Thanks,

Patrick Moubarak

7 Replies 7

pevaneyn
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Patrick,

Unless you need the vWAAS and WAAS Express features (which you say you do not), there is no real reason to use 4.3.x instead of 4.2.x.

Personally I would suggest using the latest 4.2.x.

Best regards, Peter

Patrick,

Another key feature of 4.3.1 are the enhancements made to the SSL AO and HTTP AO.  So, if you are utilizing the SSL AO today you could see more improvements in response time and in bandwidth reduction for your HTTPS apps. 

Regards,

Mike Korenbaum

Cisco WAAS PDI Help Desk

http://www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

Hi,

We have around five hundred mobile users in our organization and currently we are using CISCO WAAS Mobile Client (Version: 3.4.2.1676) along with CISCO VPN Client and CISCO NAC Agent (Version:  4.8.0.32) to connect our network from remote location.

We had no issue when we use CISCO WAAS Mobile Client on Microsoft Windows XP (SP3) based clients but when we migrated to Microsoft Windows 7 (fresh installation) we are facing issue with the documents saved on our SharePoint Portal (2007) Internal site (intranet).

The files which are mostly Microsoft Office Excel (2007) and Office Word (2007) format saved on SharePoint Portal open in Read only mode and we are unable to edit the files. When we un-install CISCO WAAS Mobile Client this issue gets resolved and all the documents are opening fine and we can edit the files successfully.

Please note also that we are using Microsoft Office 2010 along with Microsoft Windows 7. Kindly look into this issue and provide the possible solution at earliest. Is there any new version also of WAAS Mobile Client also available compatible with Microsoft Windows 7? Please advice.

Your earliest reply will be highly appreciated in this regard and it will help us to move forward smoothly with Windows 7 migration.

Best Regards,

Adnan

Hi Ahmad,

You might want to consider upgrade to 3.5.1 version. There is a specific defect resovled relatd to sharepoint.

CSCth64814—Intermittent  SharePoint acceleration problem has been fixed by correcting the HTTP  protocol optimizer's handling of the HEAD request when it is in an error  state.

Further,  there is an enhancement to allow multiple login users in 3.5.1. code.

Hope this helps.

Regards.

PS: One more thing: Please try to post your message as new post instead of appending to existing one to avoid any confusions later for the original poster. Thanks.

Thank you so much for your help and advice. I have searched a lot for WAAS Mobile Client Manager on CISCO site but did not find. Please advice from where I can download this Clint Manager.

Thanks a lots again for your support.

Regards,

Adnan

Hi Adnan,

You have to upgrade your WAAS Mobile Servers to 3.5.1. Once you upgrade the WAAS Mobile servers to 3.5.1 the WAAS mobile clients will get automatically upgraded when they first connect to WAAS Mobile Server by detecting a new version.

Please refer to the upgrade section of the below Admin Guide.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/app_ntwk_services/waas/waas_mobile/v3.4/configuration/administration/guide/CiscoWAASMobile_AG3.4.pdf

Hope this helps.

Regards

Kiran.

Hi Kiran and Bhavin,

Thanks a lot for quick response. I was able to download latest WAAS Mobile Server setup file. After running the setup we get WAAS Mobile Client Manager which can be installed on the clients System.

I thought I can upgrade only Cleint in order to resolve this SharePortal issue but it seems we have to upgrade WAAS Mobile Server as well.

Thanks once again all for your help and support!

Adnan