cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WAAS Virtual Blade

lampardbri
Level 1
Level 1

I understand that the virtual blade only supports Windows 2003 and Windows 2008 Core services. However, since this is a virtual blade, can I run Linux on there instead?

3 Replies 3

ropethic
Level 4
Level 4

Form Cisco.com

What application and services are supported on virtual blades?

Virtual Blades can be used to deploy many different Windows and Linux branch services on the WAAS appliances within a matter of hours compared to days or weeks that are often required for dedicated hardware based deployments. The first set of certified operating systems include Microsoft Windows Server 2003/SP2 and Windows Server 2008. Windows Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, WINS and Print services are the first set of certified services.

Can I run applications other than Windows core services (AD, DNS, DHCP, and Print) on the WAAS Virtual Blades?

Cisco plans to offer additional services to run on the WAAS Virtual Blades in the future. These services will be certified by Cisco for the WAAS Virtual Blades

Thanks for that information. Given the vast number of applications out there, I wouldn't imagine that Cisco could certify every single OS/App.

At this point, I'm more interested in seeing whether something can be done technically vs being certified by Cisco.

thanks

Good point, you can try and test an appliaction in a lab environment if the WAVE meets the resource requirements. However, because not certified by cisco you will not get any support if needed.