Views
Helpful
Replies

WCCP and IP Spoofing between 2 WSA and Catalyst 3850

admonet
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I've configured a vlan interface in a Catalyst 3850 with two services, web-cache and dynamic service 95. According to the info extracted from this forum, both services are redirected in, in the same interface.

The result is that traffic is being redirected correctly, I see every request in the WSAs logs, but the problem is that IP Spoofing is not being done correctly because using tcpdump in the exit interface, I am able to see only the WSAs IPs.

Traffic is configured as "Return" in the WSA and everything is correclty set as it can be seen when checking it doing "sh ip wccp <service number/name> details" in the switch, redirection is established using L2 and Mask assignment.

Am I missing something?

Regards.

1 Reply 1

The Web Cache Communication Protocol (WCCP) is a Cisco-developed content-routing technology that intercepts IP packets and redirects those packets to a destination other than that specified in the IP packet. Typically the packets are redirected from their destination web server on the Internet to a content engine that is local to the client. In some WCCP deployment scenarios, redirection of traffic may also be required from the web server to the client. WCCP enables you to integrate content engines into your network infrastructure.
refer the link:-
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/ios-xml/ios/ipapp/configuration/xe-3se/3850/iap-xe-3se-3850-book/iap-wccp-v2.html

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card