cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

570W wireless range

rcarlos42
Level 1
Level 1

Turned up the 570W in no time flat!  I prefer that these devices have console ports, but it was very easy getting the unit to work right out of the box.   

Some questions right at the get:

1.  does anyone have any real world wireless ranges for the built in wireless models? 

2.  Anyone using these units with any Small Business WAPs to extend wireless coverage yet? 

3.  If so, what make model combo is working for you? 

Thanks in advanced.

Rey

3 Replies 3

lokibjensen
Level 1
Level 1

Personally I've found that the range is quite mediocre.  It has improved since the original firmware but I was hoping for a little more.  Also I've found that speeds cannot compare with the Ruckus WAP's I use in my lab.  This is tested with various wireless devices including Win7 laptops, Macbook air, iPad, HTC Android, iPhone, WinXP laptop and more.

In all fairness the Ruckus WAP's are not like comparing Apples to Apples as they're much more expensive but I also have a cheap, off the shelf Netgear WNR3500 v2 that I've tested with and seem to get better speeds from that as well.  Is anybody else experiencing slow wifi speeds in their environments?

I wonder if legacy devices may be slowing this down by connecting over 802.11g.  Does the wireless in the ISA support "airtime fairness" so that the slower connected devices don't bring the network down to 802.11g speeds?

Thanks for the info loki.  Much appreciated. 

Does anyone know if Cisco will be releasing a WAP for specific use with the ISA line to extend wireless coverage in the future?  Or if there is a specific Cisco WAP model now?

Rey

I notice on the ISA-570w that WiFi signal is not good. This gives me about 67% signal strength places in my home and other brands from 90% - 100%. On my blackberry playbook I get 0 or 1 bar and I'm less then 25 feet away on same floor.