cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Missing features

mbates
Level 1
Level 1

A serial interface would be nice to reset the device or change the IP address if needed.

The wireless portion is very limited on features. No mac address filtering. No enabling certin wireless protocols.

The auto attendant is very limited on what it can do. There are no advanced features like conditional clauses. The features are more along the lines of a talkswitch.

I was impressed with the phone setup. To be a entry level pbx it works better than any other small buisness sytem in it's class. The biggest downfall would be that the only phones that are supported are cisco.

One thing that would be nice to have would be a switchboard. Even some of the smaller pbx's in it's class have some form of switchboard. All of the monitor and transfer have to be done on the phone itself.

I didn't see any place for users to login and check there mail or forward there extentions.

Another option that need to be addes it a way to upload music. I know alot of customers who would request this feature. Also the ability to upload .wavs or mp3's as greetings would be nice.

I didn't see any call queue featues at all. The only thing that I saw was a hunt group. There was also no conferencing or call recording features

3 Replies 3

samuande
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Thanks for the feedback. 

Can I ask what you mean by "switchboard"?  Is it something similar to our Cisco SPA500S (sidecar) which provides additional buttons for monitoring and speed dials?  Or is it something else?

Regarding call forwards, users can manage the call forward always setting directly from the phone.  Call forward busy/no answer is managed from the Configuration Utility.  A user-facing web interface, as you describe, would also be a nice feature.

As for the other features, you've certainly hit on several advanced features which are present in our more advanced platforms (UC5xx series).  For initial launch, those customers who need those features are encouraged to either upgrade/upsell to that series or combine other Cisco products (i.e. an access point) to achieve what you need.

With the UC320, we are trying to get a good balance of simplicity and features.  We want to create a product that does everything you need it to, but need to balance that with the ability to easily explain it and configure it, and not burden the product.

We will continue to evaluate feedback like this as it helps us understand the market we are trying to address.  Thanks for your evaluation!

Sam Anderson

Cisco

When I talk about a switchboard I am talking about a web based interface to check call status and transfer calls. Among other things. This is a option that alot of the pbx's we sell have.

We appreciate your feed back. It will be duly noted.