cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Notification and customer list not matching

john.grange
Level 1
Level 1

I received a notification at 8:30 this morning saying communication is down with my remote site, but when looking at the customer list on the main page it shows a green check mark next to that site? When going into the site, it shows the appliance as up but all other devices in the network as down.

12 Replies 12

Michael Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

John, please let us know the Customer List ID number for the affected site so that we can take a look.

-mike

Mike,

Sorry it took so long to get back to you, the ID is 1069. As of 6:52 it is still showing this.

Thanks John.  I just took a look around the TBA and it's definitely able to see other devices on the network.  This appears to be a software bug somewhere in our discovery/inventory process.  If you can please leave the unit online, we'll attempt to track down the issue.

-mike

No problem let me know if I can be any further assistance on this issue!

John, this TBA is currently set to run a debugging load and had all discovery manually disabled for this site.  We've re-enabled active discovery, please let us know if you observe any of the problems you saw last week on the network. 

If you are no longer having network issues, please let us know if it is ok to move this site back to the standard release, which has the fix for this weekend's UDP storm issue resolved.

-mike

Mike,

I think everything has been ok for me, i would say it would be safe to go back to the official firmware.

Thanks John.  I've been informed that the release version currently on the trial does not yet have the UDP storm fix in it, so I will wait to move you back until after the release version has been updated.

BTW, when we roll you back over to the release version, any manual changes you've made to the topology/monitors/device names/descriptions will be reverted to as they were before we moved you to the debugging load, any manual changes will be lost.  Shouldn't be an issue but I just wanted to point that out to avoid confusion.

-mike

Is there any update on this issue, I am still waiting for the discovery to be re-enabled correct?

John,

Sorry for the confusion.  This site was moved back to the standard release, and discovery was enabled for all protocols at that time.  Looks like that happened on Apr 7.  I note the topology is asking for credentials for the ESW switch.  Entering those should improve the display.  I see 10 devices discovered at the moment including the TBA.  Are the devices with red Xs actually present on the network?

Andy

The devices with the X's are not connected at the moment, I tried putting in the credentials but it does not seem to accept them again.

John,

Sorry, looks like we have another encoding problem here.  My best guess is you have an "@" sign in your password.  Ultimately the password is poked into a URL for access to the device, and the "@" is a special character in the URL parsing.  We'll figure out a better encoding to fix this, but in the mean time if you choose a password that avoids "@", ":", and "/", this should get you going.

Andy

Spot on, thanks issue resolved (well work around anyway). And yes there is an @ sign in the old password.