cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Please allow the limitation of the management interface to physical connections only

Brian Bergin
Level 4
Level 4

There still needs to be a way to only allow management from wired connections. I know there is the Management Access Control option, but that assumes one of 5 IPs will be the ones that access the device to manage it. It’d be far easier in a smaller business to make it so no access to the management GUI is possible via Wi-Fi. I can see someone making the mistake of assigning their desktop's IP to this feature and not remembering they're DHCP and the next time thy need to manage the WAP they can't access it because their IP changed.  This is also a feature of many Wi-Fi devices I’ve used and tested, just not in the Cisco Small Business line.

3 Replies 3

Xiao Han
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Brian,

WAP371 cannot distinguish wired vs wireless if connected to another device.

Mangement Access Control only allow user configure static IP , not work if user's laptop in DHCP mode.

It is a good advise to add a feature that not allow cilent access web GUI via Wi-Fi,but WAP371 won't support.

Xiao

You're saying the 371 has no idea where the connection is coming from?  How then does it switch traffic between antennas and the Ethernet port?  That I can do with ancient $50 Linksys APs and not a modern Cisco AP is very bothersome.

I mean WAP371 only support display Associated Client list which connect by wireless and no more status or information about Ethernet port connected client on web GUI, the device could switch data packet in kernel and we will try to add this feature in future to Cisco Small Business AP series.