Views
Helpful
Replies

Portal Feedback - 9/23 - Feedback

Efrat Noy
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Comments: Feedback modal...

Problem: Once Ive submitted feedback through this feedback modal by clicking the "send" button, the "category" pulldown control and the "free text" text control are not reset back to default values. As a result, if I have multiple feedback events I want to send,for each event, the user has to 1) manually reset the category value, and 2) manually delete the text that remains in the free text control. #1 is not so important... the user must change category every time a new feedback must be submitted. #2 is an annoyance in that, for a lengthy entry, the user must take the time to delete the text. Assuming a user's (VAR tech) "loaded" time is worth $100k per year and there are 2000 hrs in a year, and the free text deletion requires 10 seconds more than if it were automatically deleted and the user submits twenty feedback entries per year, then the per year cost to the user of this problem is...

($100k/2000hrs/yr)*(1hr/3600 seconds)*(10 seconds/event)*20 events/yr) = $2.80 per yr.

agile story: As a VAR tech, I want to be able to more quickly submit multiple feedback entries in a single session, so that I can save my company, on average, $2.80 per year and so that the user can get home to see their kids, 3 minutes and 20 seconds sooner each year.

I guess you can tell that we retirees have time on our hands. :-) But that said, its instructive to note how UI problems can be converted to "So that..." part of an agile story in terms of a metric like time or money that is consistent across the spectrum of all the other agile stories the product owner builds. When the "...so that..." value is calculated, its an easier matter to rank order the story backlog.

Cheers,

Dave

1 Reply 1

Michael Whitley
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Thanks Dave.

One quick workaround for this is to close the feedback window and reopen it. This resets the form with 2 mouse clicks.

I will add a fix to clear the form once your feedback has been sent. Looks for that in an upcoming release.

Cheers,

Michael