cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Serious IP address issue with SSL Layout page.

linksysinfo
Level 4
Level 4

ok guys.

my router has a 172.16.x.x ip adress throughout the router. yet on the SSL VPN Server, Portal Layouts it shows the following ip address listed.

https://192.168.0.2/portal/SSLVPN

even worse my router responds to this IP!

Seriously if this router is due to be released to the public in the future it need to respond only to the default LAN ip and not anything remotely like the "default setting" ip address

attached is the screenshot.

I know the older RV042/RV082/RV016 done a similar thing due to QuickVPN support. it only responded afaik to 182.168.1.1 and its own lan IP address.

if i setup a new layout table the default ip address of 192.168.0.2 is used in the link and not the LAN ip address.

Regards Simon
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ddiep
Level 4
Level 4

Simon,

Do you have RV220W behind another router? This SSL IP should be your WAN IP. Can you show us what is the WAN IP in this case? Is this happen right after upgraded fw? Please provide us some detail how it come to this.

Thanks,

Don

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

ddiep
Level 4
Level 4

Simon,

Do you have RV220W behind another router? This SSL IP should be your WAN IP. Can you show us what is the WAN IP in this case? Is this happen right after upgraded fw? Please provide us some detail how it come to this.

Thanks,

Don

My RV220W is behind another router since this router will not do PPPoA.

so I guess the 192.168.0.2 is its Wan IP.

I remote to my SSL VPM  tunnel via FQDN (ddns) on my gateway router.  it works fine;)

Regards Simon