Views
Helpful
Replies

SPAM and Virus Blocker Feature Key

conmurph
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Hi  Team,
Does the 30 day  evaluation key for Spam and Virus Blocker turn into a feature key once it has  expired? If it doesn't, how do feature keys work and how are they purchased? 
The user guide  states that a key may be provided to enable additional features, however I  haven't been able to find any SKUs for these additional feature  licenses.
Thanks,
Conor
6 Replies 6

jhogue
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Conor,

The Blocker should automatically download the feature keys as part of the setup wizard. At this point we do not offer additional feature-key enabled services but may do so in the future.

Jonathan

Hi,

I have a problem with my Blocker registration, I buy a 3 years license but Blocker is still with a 30 day evaluation license (it will expire in 7 days..).

What should I do ?

Regards,

Eric

Hello Eric,

Have you completed the setup wizard? If so, the keys should have been downloaded as part of that process. Otherwise, you should open a technical support case. You can find the numbers here: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/support/tsd_cisco_small_business_support_center_contacts.html#blocker

Regards,

Jonathan

supportbsu
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

So far that I know is that the keys wil automatticly download to CSVB but it can take up a day. Or does anyone know if it is possible to force the update of feature keys? When I click on update features keys I get the message no features keys are available.

Greets,

Martijn

Hello,

If you've ran the setup wizard without a direct internet connection present to the Blocker (eg, data 2 not connected) it will not be able to activate itself. If this happened or the Blocker hasn't been able to download the feature keys just contact support via phone or email and they'll take care of activating your Blocker manually. After they've done that it will automatically retrieve the correct feature keys.

It happened to me, and support took care of it within 24 hours during weekends. Top notch in my book.

bethingt
Level 1
Level 1

You are 100 percent correct, the Blocker usually updates its keys a few days after you have completed the wizard. If for some reason your keys are not updated contact Cisco Small Business Support Center at 1-866-606-1866 and we can assist you.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: