cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Supports both IPsec and SSL VPN

eric.stewart
Level 1
Level 1

Interesting!  This has certainly got me stoked....I read in the quick setup guide that the device supports both IPsec and SSL (presumably remote-access) types of VPNs.  I'm assuming this will be similar, then, to the RVL200.  Anyway, I hope to receive the device soon.  Btw, it's nice to see how prominent the Cisco branding is on this.  Hopefully it will be a device that deserves the logo!

/Eric

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

There's also an onboard PPTP server here as well  :-)

All areas of vpn are pretty much covered this time around...

Jay

Certified: CCNA (R/S, Security, Voice), CCDA, CCNP (R/S)

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

linksysinfo
Level 4
Level 4

Well the RVL200 and the RV120W both have Cavium Network Chipsets in them, so maybe the RV220W is a combined RVL200/RV120W plus gigabit ports. I hope so - Plus with removable Antennas, it seems like a very good, feature packed router.

Regards Simon

I didn't work w/ the RVL200 (beyond my time ) and thus can't comment on it.

Yes, RV220W is equipped w/ CaviumNetwork cpu: CN5010-SCP-400MHz.

Sorry for the delay guys! Cisco just implemented new shipping export rules and thus it's slower than usual when shipping international. You should get your unit soon.

Regards.

Thanks for the input Don.

for the rest of us, there is some more info on the chipset here:

http://www.caviumnetworks.com/pdfFiles/CN50XX_PB%20Rev%201.0.pdf

I have noticed on the main page however there is a slight discrepency. scp, cp, usb, and TDM, are all supported (y) but the pdf doc shows an "x" in the fields.

http://www.caviumnetworks.com/OCTEON-Plus_CN50XX.html

Regards Simon

There's also an onboard PPTP server here as well  :-)

All areas of vpn are pretty much covered this time around...

Jay

Certified: CCNA (R/S, Security, Voice), CCDA, CCNP (R/S)

Wow with PPTP included i guess this is an all rounder.  lets make sure we get the

testing done throughly so this get some awesome reviews.  there is no poing in really compairing the RV220W with anything previous as the chipset from Cavium is what make this a little beast;)

Regards Simon