Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Automating system provisioning

I'm casting about for good ways to perform scripted provisioning of system level elements of Unity Connection.  Things like configuring telephony integrations, dropping in holidays, tweaking routing rules.

I know about CUPI, but that's more of a move-add-change API ATM.  The stored procedures that have been around since forever are quite good, but awkward to consume.  You need to either leverage IBM's heavy driver set (and the dbproxy) or hit them via SSH.  The driver-based approach obviates use in a reasonably portable cross-platform script.  So SSH is the better alternative to that, but another problem is that the level of feedback provided leaves something to be desired.

As a long-time fan of the Unity product line's "open book" approach to its internals (and a certified AnswerMonkey old-timer), I'm surprised that Unity Connection has a hole like this in the serviceability story today.  Others may think this is not terribly important, but with the increased market pressures of a UCaaS world, I disagree - I think having capability here is more critical now previously.

Any chance there are improvements to CUPI on the horizon?  Am I missing something here?

0 Replies 0
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: