Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco RME SDK with Codova plug-in

Voravit Muensri
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Sir,

My client used mobile development tool called Cordova, https://cordova.apache.org/

And they are looking for how to use this tool with Cisco RME SDK as a Cordova plug-in.

Please give me some ideas or any experiences to use Cordova with RME SDK.

Thank you,

Voravit

3 Replies 3

rdavies1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Voravit,

We have had limited exposure using Cordova for REM SDK, as we develop natively in house on Xcode (for iOS) and Android dev Studio (for android) this is not something we would be able to provide your client support with should they choose to go ahead with this decision.

We do not advise against trying this method, only that we cannot support applications made in this way as it has not been tested enough at our end to understand enough of the applications behaviour in this context.

Cheers,

Rach D

Hi Rach D,

If we have limit in Development Tool/Framework, can we use In-App Web Browser inside Mobile Application which run on iOS and Android? It look like we are going to deploy Web Application inside a Mobile application. When customer click for Remote Expert in Mobile App, it will invoke mobile web browser to call video with an expert. Is this solution possible?

BR.

Winai K.

Hi Winai.

Thank you for your reply.

We do not limit to these development Tool/Frameworks, I was just letting you know we have only tested with these scenarios and it's how the application was built so it's the recommended solution rather than the only possible way.

As for browser inside application I cannot recommend this as a work around either. We do not support browsers on tablets or phones. Where we have seen instances of native browser working with android (so possible, but not recommended). We know the native browser for iOS does not support WebRTC and thus does not support REM so this solution would not work for iOS. This is why we do not support browsers on a tablet or phone.

Sorry I don't have  any better news for you but our recommendation is still the above specified.

Cheers,

Rach D

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: