Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Deploy the Jabber demo in salesforce.com

Hi,

I am trying to run Demo from below link.

https://developer.cisco.com/site/jabber-websdk/learn/im-and-presence-how-to/deploy-jabber-demo-in-salesforce/

In this link it in Step 2,point 4a below:

"Search for and replace all occurrences of the following URLs:

1. Replace https://cebtgwy.ciscocebt.com/glwstatic/ with your local HTTP server where demo files are located"

Here instead of putting demo files on Http server can we keep demo files as statis resource in salesforce.

Thanks,

Gulab

3 Replies 3

smupadhy
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

The option to keep demo files as static resource in Salesforce, appears be the same as putting the files in the in-built HTTP server, so it should work fine.

In general, as long as files are accessible through browser, it should be ok. jabberwerx.js and sample files are static resources, so no additional server side technology are required (PHP, Java,.Net…)

Thanks,

Joseph.Ahrens
Level 1
Level 1

The instructions on that page do not reference the use of the JavaScript files in the extracted directory.  I followed the instructions by extracting the contents onto my local laptop.  I am starting to wonder if I need to upload those files into my SFDC instance.

Can anyone help?

Thanks!

Joe

Essentially correct: the files that comprise the demo need to be retrievable via HTTP by the browser when it loads/runs the pages/scripts.  If you can host the pages on SFDC as static resources, that will probably work best, to avoid cross-origin security issues.  Note, once so hosted, you will need to determine the full reachable URL of the files, and make corresponding updates to the URLs found throughout the sample - e.g. in Apex.Jabber.xhtml/Apex.JabberCommand.xhtml/messages&alerts.html

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: