cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

HTTPs IP Phone Service - Host not found

stephan.steiner
Spotlight
Spotlight

In the past, all my XML Phone Services were HTTP based, and I never had any trouble with it. Now I have to do HTTPs, and all I'm getting is trouble. I define the IP Phone service in CUCM with the https service url, then try to access it from a phone - and all I'm getting is 'host not found'

Is there anything special that needs to be done for an HTTPs only phone service? Do the phones somehow need to trust the certificate (if so... how can I make them trust it? it's a company internal certificate so all PC and mobile endpoints do trust it) for it to work?

Also, do I have to configure both service urls or can I leave the secure url out (since it's the same as the regular service url)? I tried both, both got me 'host not found'

2 Replies 2

stephan.steiner
Spotlight
Spotlight

In the meantime, I figured out what the real problem is: if I run the service on HTTP, things work fine. So it seems the phones show 'service not found' when they don't trust the certificate. Not a very useful error message if you ask me.

Agree that's not a good message
Phones by default trust only HTTPS certs present on the CUCM trust list (not a default/standard list, e.g. what a browser provides).  You will need to upload the target apps certificate to CUCM.