cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber Bots - XMPP Connector?

pescla
Spotlight
Spotlight

I wanted to take a peek into Jabber Bots but am struggling to follow this guide.

What i dont understand is "Add Jabber chatBot configuration for XMPP connector" - what is an XMPP connector? Is it a service that is configured on the IM&P? A standalone service that i have to install and launch? A part of the botkit? The closest thing i can thing of on IM&P is the XMPP Federations, but i dont think this has anything to do with Jabber Bots. So what exactly do i do here?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

npetrele
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The phrasing is awkward.  It's simply referring to this:

A Cisco Jabber Bot SDK bot uses XMPP to connect to Cisco Unified IM & Presence server, and supports only password authentication (an interactive SSO/Auth login sequence is not applicable for a server-side application.

And, in the doc example, here's where it connects:

var bot = controller.spawn({
      client: {
          jid: 'jabberbot@mydomain.com',
          password: 'secret',
          host: "cuimp-host.mydomain.com",
          port: 5222
        }
    });

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

npetrele
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The phrasing is awkward.  It's simply referring to this:

A Cisco Jabber Bot SDK bot uses XMPP to connect to Cisco Unified IM & Presence server, and supports only password authentication (an interactive SSO/Auth login sequence is not applicable for a server-side application.

And, in the doc example, here's where it connects:

var bot = controller.spawn({
      client: {
          jid: 'jabberbot@mydomain.com',
          password: 'secret',
          host: "cuimp-host.mydomain.com",
          port: 5222
        }
    });

Thanks, that makes sense - it also seems that it only works with the legacy version of botkit and that the newest version doesnt support jabber anymore (https://github.com/howdyai/botkit/issues/1864)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: