cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Sample Jabber Guest iOS app to call actual person?

rmoreton1
Level 1
Level 1

I have downloaded the Sample iOS applications for for Jabber Guest and I am running the app on an iPhone5. I would just like to give this jabber guest app the ability to actually call my jabber profile instead of showing a looped video of jabber guest sandbox. I know that this code snippet...

// Pass any objects to the view controller here, like ...

cc.serverName = @"jabberguestsandbox.cisco.com";

cc.toURI = @"5555";

cc.delegate = self;

...from the ViewControler.m file is where I would put the info to send the call to my jabber account.

I've tried a few things with no success. What credentials can I put here to send the call to my jabber account?

2 Replies 2

dstaudt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Do you have a working Jabber registered to the Sandbox?  If so, you should just be able to replace the destination # part of the URL ('5555') with the directory number for your Jabber phone (this type of Jabber Guest link is called an 'ad hoc link.')

If you are looking to start testing in your own UCM network environment, then you will need to obtain/install the Jabber Guest product (VM appliance), in which the servername part of the URL will be configured by the Jabber Guest server admin.  The admin will also configure any ad hoc links or direct links as desired.

Cisco Jabber Guest - Support - Cisco

Thank you for your help.

I actually was able to get into contact with one of the Jabber Guest server admins yesterday and we were able to get the video call functionality working.