Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection Database Proxy: -25582 Network connection is broken

Martin Sloan
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

While trying to connect with Unity Connection via Informix ODBC, I'm receiving the following error on some CUC systems:

SQLSTATE=HY000, SQLDriverConnect: -25582 [Informix][Informix ODBC Driver][Informix]Network connection is broken

Out of roughly 20 systems, I'm getting this error on 3.  I've checked that the Proxy service is running and that I have the Remote Administrator Role.  I've tried stopping/restarting the service as well.  I can also telnet to port 20532 on the CUC server from the server I'm attempting to connect with.  Google searches mostly point to DBA forums which aren't a huge help with this appliance model.  Has anyone run into this issue while trying to connect up to the DB proxy service?

Thanks

Marty

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

as a side note, you can also get that if the password is set to change at the next login - the lack of specifics in the error message is intentional (security team doesn't want us revealing anything along these lines) - can be a little confusing around the edges, though.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Martin Sloan
Level 1
Level 1

This ended up being an expired password issue.  When you're used to '401 Unauthorized', this response sounds much worse than it is!

as a side note, you can also get that if the password is set to change at the next login - the lack of specifics in the error message is intentional (security team doesn't want us revealing anything along these lines) - can be a little confusing around the edges, though.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: