cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Rx and Tx utilization

spencerr8
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to figure out how to tell which section of xml is the 2.4GHz antenna and which is the 5GHz antenna. When I make an RFStats call, /webacs/api/v1/data/RFStats?.full=true&macAddress="a4:6c:2a:9d:1b:e0", this is what I'm getting back:

<queryResponse type="RFStats" rootUrl="https://website/webacs/api/v1/data"requestUrl="https://website/webacs/api/v1/data/RFStats?.full=true&macAddress="a4:6c:2a:9d:1b:e0"" responseType="listEntityInstances" count="2" first="0" last="1">

<entity url="https://website/webacs/api/v1/data/RFStats/14291226463" type="RFStats" dtoType="rfStatsDTO">

<rfStatsDTO id="14291226463" displayName="14291226463">

<channelNumber>_157</channelNumber>

<channelUtilization>1</channelUtilization>

<clientCount>0</clientCount>

<collectionTime>1461343464498</collectionTime>

<coverageProfile>PASSED</coverageProfile

<ethernetMac>a8:9d:21:07:d9:68</ethernetMac>

<interferenceProfile>PASSED</interferenceProfile>

<loadProfile>PASSED</loadProfile>

<macAddress>a4:6c:2a:9d:1b:e0</macAddress>

<noiseProfile>PASSED</noiseProfile>

<operStatus>UP</operStatus>

<poorCoverageClients>0</poorCoverageClients>

<powerLevel>3</powerLevel>

<rxUtilization>0</rxUtilization>

<slotId>1</slotId>

<txUtilization>0</txUtilization>

</rfStatsDTO>

</entity>

<entity url="https://website/webacs/api/v1/data/RFStats/14291226553" type="RFStats" dtoType="rfStatsDTO">

<rfStatsDTO id="14291226553" displayName="14291226553">

<channelNumber>_11</channelNumber>

<channelUtilization>54</channelUtilization>

<clientCount>25</clientCount>

<collectionTime>1461343464498</collectionTime>

<coverageProfile>PASSED</coverageProfile>

<ethernetMac>a8:9d:21:07:d9:68</ethernetMac>

<interferenceProfile>PASSED</interferenceProfile>

<loadProfile>FAILED</loadProfile>

<macAddress>a4:6c:2a:9d:1b:e0</macAddress>

<noiseProfile>PASSED</noiseProfile>

<operStatus>UP</operStatus>

<poorCoverageClients>0</poorCoverageClients>

<powerLevel>6</powerLevel>

<rxUtilization>0</rxUtilization>

<slotId>0</slotId>

<txUtilization>5</txUtilization>

</rfStatsDTO>

</entity>

</queryResponse>

Any ideas on how to figure out which is which? Is there a better way to find Rx and Tx utilization for both antenna's?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Spencer Zier
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can correlate with the RadioDetails resource (api/v1/data/RadioDetails?_docs).  Each radio can be uniquely identified by the base radio MAC and the slot ID.  And yes, if you're looking for radio utilization, RFStats is the right resource; however, it will be limited to data from the latest polling period.  You can get data from the last 24 hours by using HistoricalRFStats.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Spencer Zier
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can correlate with the RadioDetails resource (api/v1/data/RadioDetails?_docs).  Each radio can be uniquely identified by the base radio MAC and the slot ID.  And yes, if you're looking for radio utilization, RFStats is the right resource; however, it will be limited to data from the latest polling period.  You can get data from the last 24 hours by using HistoricalRFStats.

smp
Level 4
Level 4

I was replying to your original post when you yanked it out from under me! Ha!

It to me like you will need to make a second call. GET Autonomous AP Radio Details seems to map the Channel Number you get from RFStats to the Band.

Dang, he beat me to it...

Sorry about that, Scott!

Ran into this current situation and didn't want to clog up the forums. I figured I could just use the macAddress from my first call in the second and so on. Unless there is still a better way, it's working for me at least..

Interesting, when I run the RadioDetails call it puts the radios in a different order than with RFStats.

I think I'll get this to work... just have to figure out how I'm going to correlate these and parse the right section in my script for each radio... Ultimately, I'm writing a script to pull some AP details and this is the last step of trying to separate these xml sections correctly for parsing.

Thanks you two!

Actually, is it normal for the 2.4GHz radio to have a slotID of 0 throughout all AP's? I'm noticing a trend here with the five AP's I've tested so far.

Yeah, I think that's true for almost all Cisco dual-radio APs.  That being said, it's not something I would assume in every case.

Thank you, and Scott, for all your help!

Take care

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: