Views
Helpful
Replies

1.4.2. Packet Tracer - Add IoT devices in Packet Tracer

Louberlu
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am not a native English speaker. Correct me, if necessary.

I have started the packet tracer activities of the introduction to IoT course. In this activity, I have to record the IP Address of the home network in the Home Gateway, then go to the Tablet device, enter this IP address in the URL of the Web browser. It takes a little bit of time, then show this message: "Request Timeout". Up until this point, I didn't manipulate anything. So I don't really know what going on. I have tried multiple time, replace the home gateway, restart the activity, but it's still the same message.

If more information is needed, please tell me.

Thanks in advance.

3 Replies 3

Martin L
VIP
VIP

you can attach your PT file here, it must be in zip format!

Regards, ML
**Please Rate All Helpful Responses **

jframe
Level 1
Level 1

If you are receiving a "Request Timeout" message when attempting to access your home network through the Tablet device, it is possible that there may be an issue with the network configuration or connectivity.

Here are some troubleshooting steps you can try:

Verify that the IP address you entered in the URL of the Web browser on the Tablet device is correct. Make sure you have entered the correct IP address of the home gateway.

Check that the home gateway is properly connected to the network and has a valid IP address. You can check the status of the home gateway by going to the home gateway device on the Packet Tracer and verify that it has a green light or a valid IP address.

Verify that the Tablet device is connected to the home network. Make sure that the Tablet device is connected to the same network as the home gateway, and that it has a valid IP address.

Check for any network configuration issues. It's possible that there may be an issue with the network configuration. Verify that the subnet mask, default gateway, and DNS server settings are all correct.

Try restarting the home gateway device and the Tablet device. Sometimes restarting the devices can resolve the issue.

Louberlu
Level 1
Level 1

Sorry for only responding now. I have been occupied all the week.

Here is the file in format zip containing the PT file.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: