cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

APIC-EM installation error on glusterd.vol not existing

JUSTIN LOUCKS
Level 1
Level 1

I had this error and kept trying to reinstall thinking that my options were wrong.  I eventually checked the bug list and found that it is a known thing.

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCux57704

The work around is to "Correct the host system date and time, then reinstall APIC-EM".

This happens during the configuration wizard and you have to input an NTP server which gets validated (or so it says after clicking Next) so I'm not sure how you would do this in the middle of the install.  Has anyone else found a way around this bug?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

KELLEYD
Level 1
Level 1

I'm installing 1.4.0 in a lab environment and came across this.  NTP was fine, as was the date and time.

I did an ALT+F2 and logged in as grapevine.  I issued the following command, which seems to have worked for me:

sudo apt-get install glusterfs-server

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

JUSTIN LOUCKS
Level 1
Level 1

I tried a number of things on this one so far.

• I have tried including 3 NTP servers as that was suggested but I only initially listed one internal resource.
  • I checked the BIOS of the B22M3 blade I am installing to and it reflected the proper date and time.
  • I connected to the server via SSH after receiving the error to see what the date and time showed and it again shows it as correct so this date/time reason in the Bug report is not making sense to me.

I am out of ideas at this point so if anyone else has seen this Bug and found a way around it, let me know.  I guess I will try putting it on a VM instead of a physical server to see if the results are any different.

I ran into the same issue with the glusterfs file not found error. The way we were able to resolve it was to jump into the CLI and install gluster (apt-get install glusterfs-common glusterfs-server). Once the install was completed we ran the wizard again and it successfully installed.

Thanks James.  I will definitely keep that in-mind in-case we decide to move this back to physical if we take it live.

I'm still fighting to get PnPGateway appliance for Prime Infrastructure to work so that I can have remote site routers register with APIC-EM over the Internet.  As of right now, I cannot even get a router in there to setup as a Branch for testing.  I'm sure it is easier if you are using MPLS as you can trust exposing the APIC-EM directly to the remote routers via standard routing over your private MPLS network.  We are trying to do dual Internet though and so far hitting many road blocks.  Everyone I've talked with has done this stuff in Lab but not many doing production work at least that are willing to discuss it.

Also hopeful that version 1.3 will be out soon so that we can upgrade and retain iWAN functionality.

I was having this issue as well and was able to complete my installation successfully thanks to this solution. 

Thanks James!

JUSTIN LOUCKS
Level 1
Level 1

In-case anyone else reads this, I think the error is just a generic catch all type error message.  I think it has to do with the hardware not being on the tested list or something.  I assumed that if a C22 M3 would work, then a B22 M3 would also work but maybe not.  It is kind of troublesome that it does all of the validations and then errors out later.

I was successful in installing both v1.1 and v1.2.1 in a VMware virtual machine using all of the same settings including CPU/memory/disk resources.

KELLEYD
Level 1
Level 1

I'm installing 1.4.0 in a lab environment and came across this.  NTP was fine, as was the date and time.

I did an ALT+F2 and logged in as grapevine.  I issued the following command, which seems to have worked for me:

sudo apt-get install glusterfs-server
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: